2006/03/29

Start working as a cleaner

I started my part-time job at a boutique named "Topshop"finally. I got the job through a website: norwich.gumtree.com. I owed this to my flatmate.

It is in the city centre of Norwich. Just 6 minutes walk from my flat. I need to work 2 hours every morning from 7-9am, six days a week. So I cannot sleep until 9am anymore!

Getting a part-time job in the UK is not as easy as everybody thinks. At least not in Norwich. Not only job opportunities are less here, I also feel that some of the local people seems cannot accept the existence of foreign students. I was asked to attend an interview not long ago, later I was told "your qualifications are too high for the position(housekeeping)", "we are fully staffed at the moment. " Maybe I was the unlucky one. My advice to friends who are intend to work while studying in the UK is to make sure your university is located in a city that provides diversity of job opportunities. For example: Manchester.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!
Dreams come true!
Hope you enjoy there and earn money money money.
Let’s check discount information for me.
I love Topshop!!